Nuclear power is not clean, cheap or safe. Nuclear Roulette chronicles the risks of nuclear plants and outlines energy solutions that can replace nuclear technology with a 'Renewable Renaissance'.
It's time for us to tackle our car dependency. This inexpensive book is a practical guide to reducing car use by making changes - whether large or small - to our daily travel choices.
Shows how urban sprawl is unsustainable in an age of climate change and peak oil, and challenges the UK to develop a ‘Smart Growth’ approach to improve the quality of life in our overcrowded island.
Cycling to work: a beginnerís guide gives you all the information you need to get to work on your bike. Get fit, save money, and be green!
A radical proposal to break the car habit and create a society based round people, not cars
Creating cities of cultural vigour and physical beauty that are also sustainable in economic and environmental terms.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds