Christopher Day draws on his extensive experience to explain the key principles of eco-home design, focusing on natural methods rather than expensive technology.
This book explains in straightforward terms the principles of straw-bale building for self-builders, architects and construction industry professionals.
The first British book on building with hemp including background information, a practical instruction manual with full illustration, and discussion about the hemp building industry.
The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performanceBy Janet Cotterell and Adam Dadeby
This Handbook is an essential guide to realising a supremely comfortable, healthy and durable home with exceptionally low energy costs.
A highly illustrated, practical handbook on green self-building. Jon Broome gives an overview of the different methods of sustainable and eco-friendly construction techniques.
The New Ecological Home provides an overview of green building techniques, materials, products, and technologies that are either currently available or will be in the near future. Daniel Chiras provides a wealth of up-to-date, practical information for home buyers, owner-builders, and anyone interested in building for a sustainable future.
You may have heard of fly ash as an eco-friendly alternative to using portland cement in concrete, but until now there has been no easy guide to how it makes superior concrete, or to how to use it.
Honest, amusing and unexpected, Diary of an Eco Builder focuses specifically on environmental issues through the story of Will Anderson's attempt to realise an inspiring and challenging vision.
Teaches you to find, mix, and sculpt the right mud; develop group goals and vision, and translate simple, natural (and easy to draw) patterns into sophisticated and complex designs.
This book demonstrates how to apply the ancient technique of building with cob to contemporary situations. With detailed illustrations, this manual features step-by-step instructions for creating cob structures.
This is the story of how one man used local resources, ingenuity, imagination, and patience to create a homestead powered by the sun.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds