A comprehensive book that provides information and guidance for anyone interested in setting up and running a community energy project.
This book puts the Green Economy to the test, its promises, consequences and blind spots.
- Can efficiency be a solution if it results in more consumption?
- Can we save nature by putting a price on the services it provides?
- Should we rely on technological solutions to save us?
Parks are key to the protection of nature and the to the conservation of cultural landscapes, but increasingly, they promote sustainable development.
This book outlines a politics of sufficiency that will make it easier to live with fewer resources but with stronger relationships, enabling us to reduce the speed, complexity, clutter and commercialization currently blighting our lives.
In contrast to the ever-worsening stream of information about climate change, the economy and resource depletion, Transition focuses on solutions, on community-scale projects and on positive results.
The Transition Companion picks up the story today, describing one of the most fascinating experiments now under way in the world.
Bristol’s Green Roots has drawn on the memories of over a hundred people who have worked in Bristol’s environmental movement to make the city more sustainable, people-friendly and equal.
An inspiring story of one man's response to the call for leadership in a time of ecological crisis
Shows how we can meet more of our material needs from local renewable and waste resources. Outlines the theoretical framework of bioregional development and the award winning practical solutions that BioRegional have developed with industry partners.
This is a book about simplicity, not destitution, not parsimoniousness, not self-denial, but the restoration of wealth in the midst of an affluence in which we are starving the spirit.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds