Providing cheap and affordable energy is one of the most important tasks facing the world today. Inspired by a Deutsches Museum’s exhibition, Energy Transition features prominent scientists discussing the challenges and opportunities of the transition from fossil fuels towards sustainable energy.
Inspired by a Deutsches Museum’s exhibition "energie.wenden" this book features prominent scientists discussing challenges and opportunities of the transition from fossil fuels towards sustainable energy.
It's time for us to tackle our car dependency. This inexpensive book is a practical guide to reducing car use by making changes - whether large or small - to our daily travel choices.
This book argues that we need to establish a relationship with the planet as a living entity in which we are indissolubly embedded - and to which we are all accountable.
Green Up! is a compact reference guide to greening your house, from minor improvements ñ such as what paint to use ñ to major ones, such as how to choose and install solar electric panels
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle is packed with ideas for cutting your consumption, reducing your rubbish, reusing, and recycling. It will also tell you where your old plastic goes to, what happens to your old glass jars, how they handle waste in other countries.
The only comprehensive guide to Eco Centres in the UK and Ireland with over 150 places which offer courses or eco-days out
David Cook tells the story of The Natural Step framework for sustainability's evolution and provides an overview of the TNS framework.
Shows how we can meet more of our material needs from local renewable and waste resources. Outlines the theoretical framework of bioregional development and the award winning practical solutions that BioRegional have developed with industry partners.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds