This Briefing both illuminates Schumacher’s thinking and shows the ways in which each of us can help to turn our present crisis into the opportunity to build a more kind, just and ecologically sustainable society.
This Briefing describes the history and potential of the ecovillage movement – local communities which aim to minimise their ecological impact while maximising human wellbeing and happiness.
David Cook tells the story of The Natural Step framework for sustainability's evolution and provides an overview of the TNS framework.
Shows how we can meet more of our material needs from local renewable and waste resources. Outlines the theoretical framework of bioregional development and the award winning practical solutions that BioRegional have developed with industry partners.
Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) has a central part to play in the future of health care, in the maintaining and creating health.
This Briefing shows how a systemic change of educational culture towards the realization of human potential and the interdependence of social, economic and ecological wellbeing can lead to transformative learning.
The C&C framework, which was been pioneered and advocated by GCI at the United Nations throughout the 1990s, is the most widely supported framework proposal in the global debate on what to do about climate change.
In this Briefing Robin Stott proposes solutions to the key problems that beset our present health system. He argues that if we are to develop a true public health service rather than a 'disease service', we must make radical changes to the decision-making processes.
Outlines measures for building a healthier and more equal world and identifies key ways in which people can work together to transform economics.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds