A collection of Mattås latest poems, horticultural, whimsical, ecological, political and just plain funny.
By grouping the wisdom of the ages into categories that are quirky yet eminently sensible, Helen Nearing brings to life the contemporary relevance of some of the most profound chroniclers of our rural heritage.
Working with the Curlew is an intimate and evocative account of an era before factory farming, when farmers worked closely with nature and the rhythm of the seasons, a smallholding could sustain a family, and there were enough small farms for a shepherd to climb the ladder to ownership.
A re-evaluation of William Morrisås ideas on such diverse subjects as love, work, revolution, architecture, economics and ecology.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds