Describes what our actions are doing to the very things on Earth that we depend on for survival, at scales that we rarely contemplate. It arms us with the tools to free us from the culture that has blinded us for centuries, and which will allow us to live lives that will give the Earth, and ourselves, a future.
A guide for communities to face the challenges of climate change and begin their 'energy descent'. The argument that 'small is inevitable' is upbeat and positive and utterly convincing.
Witness accounts of surviving Hurricane Katrina
Outlines measures for building a healthier and more equal world and identifies key ways in which people can work together to transform economics.
The only book that covers the whole range of Schumacherås thinking - essential reading for all admirers of Schumacher and his work. This I Believe will introduce to a new audience the freshness, clarity and profundity of his thinking, which has inspired a generation.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds