Social Dimensions of Climate Change Adaptation in Coastal Regions - Findings from Transdisciplinary ResearchEdited by Grit Martinez, Hans-Joachim Meier and Peter Fröhle
This book offers a historically rich and nuanced introduction to the concept of sustainability that could not be of more pressing importance for the 21st century.
This Briefing both illuminates Schumacher’s thinking and shows the ways in which each of us can help to turn our present crisis into the opportunity to build a more kind, just and ecologically sustainable society.
Lays bare the stark scenario we face unless deforestation is slowed and stopped¥a scenario which will affect not only people, but the non-human fabric of life itself. Strangely like War is a story of corruption and killing: the genocide of indigenous peoples and the systematic destruction of our ecosystem.
This Briefing shows how a systemic change of educational culture towards the realization of human potential and the interdependence of social, economic and ecological wellbeing can lead to transformative learning.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds