This book puts the Green Economy to the test, its promises, consequences and blind spots.
- Can efficiency be a solution if it results in more consumption?
- Can we save nature by putting a price on the services it provides?
- Should we rely on technological solutions to save us?
9780857844156 | Published: July 2016 | Oekom
With this comprehensive guide you can plan the ideal independent power system for your home, boat or RV. You'll understand how a power system works, be able to talk intelligently with equipment suppliers about your needs, and have the necessary tools to make and manage your own electricity.
9780964411203 | Published: January 2006 | Orwell Cove
A selected anthology of Vinobaås speeches and writings, and an valuable guide for all seekers of truth, non-violence and wisdom, and for those who value quality above quantity, and wholeness above fragmentation.
9781903998397 | Published: April 2004 | Green Books
Features the work of over fifty artists including Robin Baring, Cecil Collins, Alan Davie, Morris Graves, Andy Goldsworthy, Andrzej Jackowski, Richard Long, John Meirion Morris, David Nash, Margaret Neve, Peter Randall-Page, Haku Shah, Jane Siegle, Evelyn Williams and Christopher Wood.
In this vivid and engaging narrative of her travels the poet speaks of those human depths that are beyond all superficial divisions, invoking the timeless order that is the culture of India, and which holds an urgent message for the spiritual renewal of humankind.
9781870098267 | Published: September 1990 | Green Books
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds