Sustainable Food Case studies from around the world
Irene Schoene puts forward an alternative economics that is not only relevant to our modern world of technology and industry, but which also shows an awareness of environmental considerations.
Future Money explains how our money system is propelling us toward the self-destruction of our species – and what we should do about it. Future Money shows how our money system operates and could be reformed so it acts for the benefit of people and society rather than the opposite, and describes the obstacles that currently prevent that reform.
Fleeing Vesuvius discusses the economic changes needed to cope with the current financial crisis and how we must develop self-reliant local communities for the future.
One of FEASTAs main roles is to build up a body of creative thinking about, understanding of, and support for the economic systems that must replace neo-liberalism. Contributors include Herman Daly, David Korten, James Robertson, Lothar Mayer and Aubrey Meyer.
Free to be Human shows how the 'filter' system described by Noam Chomsky and Edward Herman distorts our understanding of many personal, ethical and spiritual issues, ensuring that we remain passive, conformist, confused and uninformed¥and willing to accept the irrational values of corporate consumerism.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds