A fascinating popular science book that reveals how much we really know - and don't know - about the natural world. Explains why we need to be more concerned about ecosystems than individual iconic species such as the giant panda and gorilla.
A lavishly illustrated guide to 180 of the most interesting and beautiful of Devonís churches
Honest, amusing and unexpected, Diary of an Eco Builder focuses specifically on environmental issues through the story of Will Anderson's attempt to realise an inspiring and challenging vision.
Teaches you to find, mix, and sculpt the right mud; develop group goals and vision, and translate simple, natural (and easy to draw) patterns into sophisticated and complex designs.
Shows how to identify green lanes on the ground, how to recognise them on antique maps, and how to locate documents and other records which will reveal who used them in past times.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds