Few farmyard and back-garden animals display such appealing and amusing characteristics as chickens. Decorated throughout with historical woodcuts and engravings this book is a useful guide.
Communities, Councils & Climate Change includes current examples of best eco practice from local authorities across the UK and elsewhere, as well as a look at the background to unsuccessful projects.
Achieving ecological sustainability through social learning, community empowerment and participation
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds