Bristol’s Green Roots has drawn on the memories of over a hundred people who have worked in Bristol’s environmental movement to make the city more sustainable, people-friendly and equal.
Covers eight important areas of progress made by a group of environmental activists (the Bioneers), offering a glimpse into the changes that are underway on many vital issues in environmental restoration and sustenance. Originally published as Restoring the Earth: Visionary Solutions from the Bioneers (HJ Kramer, 1997).
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds