For anyone who is trying to keep up with the extremely rapid developments in the biodiesel industry, the second edition of Biodiesel: Growing a New Energy Economy is an invaluable aid. The second edition concludes with updated views on where the industry is headed in the years to come from some of its key players.
This guide is about the last chance to save the planet. It's a result of hundreds of how-do-we-do-this-right discussions over many years. Peter Barnes shares what he's learned in these discussions because the climate crisis must be solved now, and popular understanding is a pre-requisite to getting a solution that actually solves the problem.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle is packed with ideas for cutting your consumption, reducing your rubbish, reusing, and recycling. It will also tell you where your old plastic goes to, what happens to your old glass jars, how they handle waste in other countries.
The Citizen-Powered Energy Handbook assesses the current energy situation and points toward a sustainable path forward. Greg Pahl examines renewable energy technologies currently available and homes in on strategies that can be adopted by individuals and, especially, communities.
Lays bare the stark scenario we face unless deforestation is slowed and stopped¥a scenario which will affect not only people, but the non-human fabric of life itself. Strangely like War is a story of corruption and killing: the genocide of indigenous peoples and the systematic destruction of our ecosystem.
Shows how we can meet more of our material needs from local renewable and waste resources. Outlines the theoretical framework of bioregional development and the award winning practical solutions that BioRegional have developed with industry partners.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds