Sales and Marketing Manager
Part Time – 3 days a week or equivalent
Permanent, based in Cambridge, possibly split home/ office working
£25,000 - £35000 pro rata, based on experience
Application Deadline: 15th April 2021
We’re a successful, independent publisher and our growth means that we now need a Sales and Marketing Manager, whose objective is to improve the sales of our books in the US, UK and ANZ.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the marketing and publicity strategy to maximise sales.
- Create and manage the marketing and publicity for frontlist and backlist titles.
- Liaise with UK and international distributors to build business through publicity and marketing.
- Write copy for sales and marketing, including advance information sheets, back cover copy, press releases, advertisements, awards submissions, blogposts, tweets and sales presentations.
- Manage and attend book launches, book fairs, sales and distribution conferences, awards events and book festivals.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key book reviewers, the press, buyers and bloggers to help our titles reach the widest possible audience.
- Find and make the most of new marketing and publicity opportunities.
- Identify titles in need of refreshing for new audiences.
The successful candidate will
- Have sales and marketing experience within publishing (This is essential, if you don’t have publishing experience, please don’t apply.)
- Be confident presenting complex ideas in simple form for publicity
- Have strong planning and organisational skills
- Be able to manage and develop good relationships with our many publishing partners,
- Be at ease speaking on the phone/zoom with suppliers/ distributors/ customers
- Have excellent written English
Please send a CV and covering letter with details of your relevant experience, education and expected salary to: