Living on One Acre or Less
How to produce all the fruit, veg, meat, fish and eggs your family needs
By (author) Sally Morgan
“A good, comprehensive, all-round guide for anyone who aspires to the good life.”
Kate Humble, TV presenter and smallholding owner
“The book is rich with content and full of wonderful inspiration. I can’t wait to get out into my small garden, to help my family move towards self-reliance.”
Kate Blincoe, nature journalist and author of The No-Nonsense Guide to Green Parenting
"Ever wanted to become that bit more self-sufficient? Sally's book shows you how with lots of fantastic on-the-ground inspiration and expert advice. Highly recommended. This is a book of the times."
Kim Stoddart, editor of The Organic Way, co-author of The Climate Change Garden Book.
You can grow all the fruit and vegetables your family needs, raise animals for meat and eggs, keep fish and bees, and even produce firewood on a plot of land of just one acre or less – alongside your work and family life.
Whether you have a garden, a paddock or perhaps the corner of a field, Sally Morgan guides you through:
● How to lay out your plot – including fencing and polytunnels/grow tunnels or greenhouses
● Managing soil fertility
● Growing fruit and vegetables throughout the year
● Keeping livestock: poultry, pigs, sheep and goats
● Producing fish with aquaponics
Filled with practical advice, this book is essential reading for anyone who wants to be more self-sufficient and live a more sustainable life.
Key Selling Points
Everything you need to set-up your own smallholding or homestead, allowing you to live more self-sufficiently.
"Ever wanted to become that bit more self-sufficient? Sally's book shows you how with lots of fantastic on-the-ground inspiration and expert advice. Highly recommended. This is a book of the times."- Grow Your Own magazine columnist, The Organic Way editor and co-author of the Climate Change Garden book.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds