Clay and lime renders, plasters and paints
A how-to guide to using natural finishes
By (author) Adam WeismannBy (author) Katy Bryce
This book was previous published under the title Using Natural Finishes.
"A splendid book. A real addition to what's out there and very complementary to the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings' technical manual on Old Building repairs." - Kevin McCloud, presenter of Grand Designs
"This highly informative and sumptuous book shows how the threat of climate change is also an opportunity to make buildings more beautiful." - Sunand Prasad, president of RIBA (Royal Insitute of British Architects)
With the increasing awareness of eco-building techniques alongside the desire to make our homes healthier, the historical benefits of using natural renders and paints are being rediscovered. Clay and Lime Renders, Plasters and Paints is an in-depth guide to the selection, mixing and application of lime and clay based plasters, renders, paints and washes.
- Step-by-step instructions for applying lime and clay based plasters, renders and paints.
- Information on the benefits of natural finishes for personal health, the environment, and for buildings.
- Drawing on traditional methods & materials for using lime & clay finishes on new and historic buildings.
- A comprehensive and up-to-date online resourceguide to suppliers, practitioners and courses.
Easy to follow DIY projects guide the reader through all aspects of using these natural finishes, with beautiful photographs of techniques and examples from the UK and abroad.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds