The Flower Farmer's Year
How to grow cut flowers for pleasure and profit
By (author) Georgie Newbery
"Georgie has written an inspiring book for anyone who's ever wondered what it would be like to grow flowers on a commercial scale." - Constance Craig Smith, The Daily Mail Weekend Magazine
“I love this book – it’s a beautiful yet practical and accessible guide that will help you transform whatever sized patch you have into an abundant oasis of flowers.” - Mark Diacono, journalist and author of The New Kitchen Garden
Grow your own cut flowers and you can fill your house with the gorgeous colours and heavenly scents of your favourite blooms, knowing that they haven’t travelled thousands of miles – and you can make money while you do it!
Combining boundless passion with down-to-earth guidance and practical advice, Georgie Newbery draws on her own experiences as an artisan flower farmer and florist as she takes you through:
• how to start a cut-flower patch
• what to grow
• cutting, conditioning and presenting cut flowers
• creating a hedgerow Christmas
• starting a cut-flower business
• where to sell
• marketing and social media
• a flower farmer’s year planner.
Whether you want to grow for your own pleasure or start your own business, The Flower Farmer’s Year is the perfect guide.
Key Selling Points
How to grow a cut-flower garden for the home and as a business
Commentary / discussion
By growing your own cut flowers you can fill your house with the gorgeous colours and heavenly scents of your favourite blooms, and know they haven’t travelled thousands of miles. Artisan flower farmer Georgie Newbery combines boundless passion with down-to-earth guidance and practical advice.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds