Rethinking air travel in a globally connected world
By (author) Chris WatsonEdited by Chris WatsonWith Kate AndrewsWith Ed GillespieWith Nic SetonWith Rob HopkinsWith Chris BrazierWith Kevin AndersonWith Susan KrumdieckWith Lowanna DoyeWith John StewartWith Tom BennionWith Adam WeymouthWith Saci Lloyd
Biographical note (a single note referring to all contributors to a product – see PR.8.17 for a biography which is linked to a single contributor)
Chris Watson grew up in an airline family and is passionate about flying but began taking personal responsibility for his aviation impact on the environment after learning that the industry increased emissions since the 1990 Earth Summit and has no plan to decarbonise aviation.
He sees aviation as the defining issue in personal emissions management because it requires behaviour modification to achieve rapid decarbonisation (while most other activities can be achieved by efficient methods such as electric cars).
If you're committed to cutting your flights, this book will show you that you're not alone. If you're a regular flyer, it will inspire and challenge you to see what you can do too.
Cosseted by governments, subsidized by taxpayers, the aviation industry puts its own interested bove the preservation of a climate friendly to civilization. Beyond Flying invites us to re-imagine our own place in the modern world.
Key Selling Points
How individuals and businesses can cut air travel without damaging their business and getting more from traveling.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds