Includes instructions for building a variety of solar appliances plus descriptions of more than 90 different crops, with charts showing when to plant and harvest each. The result is a year-round harvest even from a small garden.
For those who wish to look beyond the speed and superficiality of our modern lifestyle to find depth and spiritual space. It is devoted to clearing the clutter from our minds, and to feeding the creative heart and soul.
Explores the extraordinary richness of Devon's wildlife habitats: Estuaries, Farmland, Fresh Water, Heathland, Limestone and Chalk, Lundy, Moorland, Sand Dunes, Sea Cliffs, Sea Shore, Woodland, Wood, Pasture and Parkland.
Lays bare the stark scenario we face unless deforestation is slowed and stopped¥a scenario which will affect not only people, but the non-human fabric of life itself. Strangely like War is a story of corruption and killing: the genocide of indigenous peoples and the systematic destruction of our ecosystem.
ãNot an autobiography in the ordinary sense of the word, as it contains no history of the events of Richard Jefferieså life . . . but is an outpouring of Jefferieså innermost soul.à¥from the Preface by C. J. Longman
This Briefing shows how a systemic change of educational culture towards the realization of human potential and the interdependence of social, economic and ecological wellbeing can lead to transformative learning.
Challenging and illuminating, A Snakeås Tail Full of Ants looks forward to a time when creative expression is not lofty, professionalised and unapproachable but closely interwoven with the activities of daily life.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds