Free to be Human shows how the 'filter' system described by Noam Chomsky and Edward Herman distorts our understanding of many personal, ethical and spiritual issues, ensuring that we remain passive, conformist, confused and uninformed¥and willing to accept the irrational values of corporate consumerism.
This anthology of poetry which celebrates fields, compiled by Common Ground, forms part of Common Groundås campaign to encourage greater awareness and celebration of the field¥a commonplace but much undervalued part of our countryside which demonstrates the relationship between nature and culture over thousands of years.
Forest gardening is a way of working with Nature which is not only productive, requiring minimal maintenance, but creates great environmental benefits. Robert created a magnificent garden which had a profound influence on the way people cultivated their land. It was a garden dedicated to human needs for fruit, nuts, vegetables and plant medicines.
Argues that the environmental crisis is engrained in the language of our political, social and econpomic structures. In his search foer the hidden agenda of the Green movement, he shows the need for us to include the reality of the spirit.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds