This Briefing describes the history and potential of the ecovillage movement – local communities which aim to minimise their ecological impact while maximising human wellbeing and happiness.
An evocative celebration of our rich meadow heritage and countryside traditions
In this Briefing Robin Stott proposes solutions to the key problems that beset our present health system. He argues that if we are to develop a true public health service rather than a 'disease service', we must make radical changes to the decision-making processes.
This is the story of how one man used local resources, ingenuity, imagination, and patience to create a homestead powered by the sun.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds