The Citizen-Powered Energy Handbook assesses the current energy situation and points toward a sustainable path forward. Greg Pahl examines renewable energy technologies currently available and homes in on strategies that can be adopted by individuals and, especially, communities.
A book about a different way of doing business in today?s world?a way based on workplace democracy, shared ownership, staying small, building community, commitment to a place, and long-term thinking.
Composting your waste will help to produce healthy plants of all shapes and sizes, besides helping the planet. Why resort to shop-based composts usually made from peat? Leave the peat in the peatbogs where itås supposed to be, and divert all the lovely compostable material away from landfill sites!
The C&C framework, which was been pioneered and advocated by GCI at the United Nations throughout the 1990s, is the most widely supported framework proposal in the global debate on what to do about climate change.
Shows how our capitalist system is dependent on the promotion of the three Buddhist Poisons of Greed, Hatred and Ignorance:?greed for profit at any cost in terms of human suffering; hatred of foreign obstacles to profit; and ignorance of the cosy link between Western corporations and Third World dictators, helping to protect Western profits.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds