Includes instructions for building a variety of solar appliances plus descriptions of more than 90 different crops, with charts showing when to plant and harvest each. The result is a year-round harvest even from a small garden.
Witness accounts of surviving Hurricane Katrina
This Briefing describes the history and potential of the ecovillage movement – local communities which aim to minimise their ecological impact while maximising human wellbeing and happiness.
Honest, amusing and unexpected, Diary of an Eco Builder focuses specifically on environmental issues through the story of Will Anderson's attempt to realise an inspiring and challenging vision.
Teaches you to find, mix, and sculpt the right mud; develop group goals and vision, and translate simple, natural (and easy to draw) patterns into sophisticated and complex designs.
For those who wish to look beyond the speed and superficiality of our modern lifestyle to find depth and spiritual space. It is devoted to clearing the clutter from our minds, and to feeding the creative heart and soul.
The ground-breaking work of a 1900s Cheshire doctor who was ahead of his time in the way he linked diet, health and the way in which food is produced.
A radical proposal to break the car habit and create a society based round people, not cars
Apply the ancient technique of building with cob to contemporary situations, with these detailed illustrations and instructions.
With this comprehensive guide you can plan the ideal independent power system for your home, boat or RV. You'll understand how a power system works, be able to talk intelligently with equipment suppliers about your needs, and have the necessary tools to make and manage your own electricity.
Exploring the history, politics and practicalities of organic farming, Adrian Myers shows how the current techniques of agriculture and horticulture based on chemical fertilizers, which inevitably bring about the deterioration of soil life, cannot provide a long-term sustainable future for humankind.
Among all the experiences of the Buddha, perhaps his eye-to-eye encounter with an actual terrorist is the one most relevant and vital for those of us caught in the binds of the early 21st century.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds