A lavishly illustrated guide to 180 of the most interesting and beautiful of Devonís churches
Green Up! is a compact reference guide to greening your house, from minor improvements ñ such as what paint to use ñ to major ones, such as how to choose and install solar electric panels
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle is packed with ideas for cutting your consumption, reducing your rubbish, reusing, and recycling. It will also tell you where your old plastic goes to, what happens to your old glass jars, how they handle waste in other countries.
A highly illustrated, practical handbook, showing the different methods of sustainable and eco-friendly construction.
Greening Your Office shows us why we should green up at work, and covers the many areas where more environmentally friendly initiatives can be put into practice in a simple A-Z format. It includes case studies of successes from offices both big and small to inspire others to follow in their footsteps.
The New Ecological Home provides an overview of green building techniques, materials, products, and technologies that are either currently available or will be in the near future. Daniel Chiras provides a wealth of up-to-date, practical information for home buyers, owner-builders, and anyone interested in building for a sustainable future.
An inspiring story of one man's response to the call for leadership in a time of ecological crisis
Cycling to work: a beginnerís guide gives you all the information you need to get to work on your bike. Get fit, save money, and be green!
The only comprehensive guide to Eco Centres in the UK and Ireland with over 150 places which offer courses or eco-days out
The Citizen-Powered Energy Handbook assesses the current energy situation and points toward a sustainable path forward. Greg Pahl examines renewable energy technologies currently available and homes in on strategies that can be adopted by individuals and, especially, communities.
You may have heard of fly ash as an eco-friendly alternative to using portland cement in concrete, but until now there has been no easy guide to how it makes superior concrete, or to how to use it.
A book about a different way of doing business in today?s world?a way based on workplace democracy, shared ownership, staying small, building community, commitment to a place, and long-term thinking.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds