Gaiaís Kitchen offers a full repertoire of soups, main courses, salads, desserts, breads, cakes and biscuits. Alongside family-size quantities, the book includes communitysize quantities, making it invaluable for teaching centres, communities and anyone who wants to prepare a vegetarian banquet for thirty or forty friends.
The modern guide to storing and preserving your garden produce, enabling you to eat home-grown goodness all year round.
This guide is about the last chance to save the planet. It's a result of hundreds of how-do-we-do-this-right discussions over many years. Peter Barnes shares what he's learned in these discussions because the climate crisis must be solved now, and popular understanding is a pre-requisite to getting a solution that actually solves the problem.
A guide for communities to face the challenges of climate change and begin their 'energy descent'. The argument that 'small is inevitable' is upbeat and positive and utterly convincing.
Mad Sheep is the account of one familyís struggle against a bullying and corrupt government agency
Reveals how advertisers, editors, scientists, large scale farmers, government agencies, and even Dr. Seuss, colluded to convince farmers to use deadly chemicals, hormones, and GMOs in an effort to pad their wallets and control the American farm enterprise.
By interweaving fresh insights, startling facts, and stirring vignettes of ordinary people pursuing creative solutions to our most pressing global problems, Lappe uncovers a new, empowering "frame" through which real solutions are emerging worldwide.
For thirty years, John Moatís Resurgence brief has been to contribute levity to the magazineís serious business of imprinting a green complexion on what planet earth claims as consciousness. This beautifully-crafted book, with never a word in excess or a story simply told is full of multi-layered meanderings brimful of insight, humour and candour.
Green Up! is a compact reference guide to greening your house, from minor improvements ñ such as what paint to use ñ to major ones, such as how to choose and install solar electric panels
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle is packed with ideas for cutting your consumption, reducing your rubbish, reusing, and recycling. It will also tell you where your old plastic goes to, what happens to your old glass jars, how they handle waste in other countries.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds