The New Ecological Home provides an overview of green building techniques, materials, products, and technologies that are either currently available or will be in the near future. Daniel Chiras provides a wealth of up-to-date, practical information for home buyers, owner-builders, and anyone interested in building for a sustainable future.
9781931498166 | Published: July 2007 | Chelsea Green Publishing
The Citizen-Powered Energy Handbook assesses the current energy situation and points toward a sustainable path forward. Greg Pahl examines renewable energy technologies currently available and homes in on strategies that can be adopted by individuals and, especially, communities.
9781933392127 | Published: March 2007 | Chelsea Green Publishing
You may have heard of fly ash as an eco-friendly alternative to using portland cement in concrete, but until now there has been no easy guide to how it makes superior concrete, or to how to use it.
9780976491101 | Published: March 2007 | Green Building Press
Honest, amusing and unexpected, Diary of an Eco Builder focuses specifically on environmental issues through the story of Will Anderson's attempt to realise an inspiring and challenging vision.
9781903998793 | Published: May 2006 | Green Books
Teaches you to find, mix, and sculpt the right mud; develop group goals and vision, and translate simple, natural (and easy to draw) patterns into sophisticated and complex designs.
9780967984667 | Published: May 2006 | Hand Print Press
This book demonstrates how to apply the ancient technique of building with cob to contemporary situations. With detailed illustrations, this manual features step-by-step instructions for creating cob structures.
9781903998724 | Published: February 2006 | Green Books
With this comprehensive guide you can plan the ideal independent power system for your home, boat or RV. You'll understand how a power system works, be able to talk intelligently with equipment suppliers about your needs, and have the necessary tools to make and manage your own electricity.
9780964411203 | Published: January 2006 | Orwell Cove
This is the story of how one man used local resources, ingenuity, imagination, and patience to create a homestead powered by the sun.
9780964511170 | Published: January 1995 | Fowler Enterprises
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds