The New Ecological Home provides an overview of green building techniques, materials, products, and technologies that are either currently available or will be in the near future. Daniel Chiras provides a wealth of up-to-date, practical information for home buyers, owner-builders, and anyone interested in building for a sustainable future.
The Citizen-Powered Energy Handbook assesses the current energy situation and points toward a sustainable path forward. Greg Pahl examines renewable energy technologies currently available and homes in on strategies that can be adopted by individuals and, especially, communities.
You may have heard of fly ash as an eco-friendly alternative to using portland cement in concrete, but until now there has been no easy guide to how it makes superior concrete, or to how to use it.
Honest, amusing and unexpected, Diary of an Eco Builder focuses specifically on environmental issues through the story of Will Anderson's attempt to realise an inspiring and challenging vision.
Teaches you to find, mix, and sculpt the right mud; develop group goals and vision, and translate simple, natural (and easy to draw) patterns into sophisticated and complex designs.
Apply the ancient technique of building with cob to contemporary situations, with these detailed illustrations and instructions.
With this comprehensive guide you can plan the ideal independent power system for your home, boat or RV. You'll understand how a power system works, be able to talk intelligently with equipment suppliers about your needs, and have the necessary tools to make and manage your own electricity.
This is the story of how one man used local resources, ingenuity, imagination, and patience to create a homestead powered by the sun.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds