Christopher Day draws on his extensive experience to explain the key principles of eco-home design, focusing on natural methods rather than expensive technology.
This book explains in straightforward terms the principles of straw-bale building for self-builders, architects and construction industry professionals.
The first British book on building with hemp including background information, a practical instruction manual with full illustration, and discussion about the hemp building industry.
This book demonstrates how to apply the ancient technique of building with cob to contemporary situations. With detailed illustrations, this manual features step-by-step instructions for creating cob structures.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- The Hempcrete Book - Designing and building with hemp-lime
- The Fruit Tree Handbook
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds