By grouping the wisdom of the ages into categories that are quirky yet eminently sensible, Helen Nearing brings to life the contemporary relevance of some of the most profound chroniclers of our rural heritage.
Working with the Curlew is an intimate and evocative account of an era before factory farming, when farmers worked closely with nature and the rhythm of the seasons, a smallholding could sustain a family, and there were enough small farms for a shepherd to climb the ladder to ownership.
Stephen Coleman and Paddy O'Sullivan
A re-evaluation of William Morrisås ideas on such diverse subjects as love, work, revolution, architecture, economics and ecology.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low-energy performance
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds
- The Nature of Business - Redesigning for resilience
- Future Money - Breakdown or breakthrough?