Herbert Girardet and Miguel Mendonca
A Renewable World builds on the best thinking on climate and energy to be found across the world, and integrates much of the research and campaign work being done by the World Future Council Ñ the work on feed-in tariffs, energy efficiency, sustainable agriculture, sustainable cities, future justice and the KidsCall campaign.
Unless humanity learns how to rekindle community, all other efforts will wither on the vine. This timely new Schumacher Briefing explores three integrated pillars of community Ñ with one another, with the natural environment and with the spiritual ground of all being.
Sandor Ellix Katz
The renowned anthropologist Gerardo Reichel-Dolmatoff spent most of his working life among tribes living in the vast rainforests of the Colombian Northwest Amazon. This book brings together eleven of his essays and articles about the Tukano Indians.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low-energy performance
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds
- The Nature of Business - Redesigning for resilience
- Future Money - Breakdown or breakthrough?