Paperback No longer our product9781603582926 | Published: January 2011 | Chelsea Green Publishing
9781603582926 | Published: January 2011
Ron L. Engeland
The definitive grower's guide written by a small scale farmer who makes his living growing over 200 strains of garlic.
Whatever size yard or garden you have to work with, you can apply basic permaculture principles to make it more diverse, more natural, more productive, and more beautiful. Best of all, once it?s established, an ecological garden will reduce or eliminate most of the backbreaking work that?s needed to maintain the typical lawn and garden.
Distills the broad knowledge and long-time personal experience of Lon Rombough, one of North Americaås foremost authorities on viticulture, from finding and preparing the right site for your vineyard to training, trellising, and pruning vines to growing new grapes from seeds and cuttings.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low-energy performance
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds
- The Nature of Business - Redesigning for resilience
- Future Money - Breakdown or breakthrough?