Richard Douthwaite and Gillian Fallon
Fleeing Vesuvius discusses the economic changes needed to cope with the current financial crisis and how we must develop self-reliant local communities for the future.
Explains how sustainable, responsible, and joyful natural enterprises differ from most jobs, and provides a framework for building a natural enterprise. Learn how to find useful partners , how to do world-class market research, how to innovate, how to build resilience into your enterprise, and how to avoid the land mines that sink small businesses.
Paperback No longer our product9781933392905 | Published: January 2009 | Chelsea Green Publishing
9781933392905 | Published: January 2009
One of FEASTAs main roles is to build up a body of creative thinking about, understanding of, and support for the economic systems that must replace neo-liberalism. Contributors include Herman Daly, David Korten, James Robertson, Lothar Mayer and Aubrey Meyer.
Free to be Human shows how the 'filter' system described by Noam Chomsky and Edward Herman distorts our understanding of many personal, ethical and spiritual issues, ensuring that we remain passive, conformist, confused and uninformed¥and willing to accept the irrational values of corporate consumerism.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low-energy performance
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds
- The Nature of Business - Redesigning for resilience
- Future Money - Breakdown or breakthrough?