Richard Douthwaite and Gillian Fallon
Fleeing Vesuvius discusses the economic changes needed to cope with the current financial crisis and how we must develop self-reliant local communities for the future.
Free to be Human shows how the 'filter' system described by Noam Chomsky and Edward Herman distorts our understanding of many personal, ethical and spiritual issues, ensuring that we remain passive, conformist, confused and uninformed¥and willing to accept the irrational values of corporate consumerism.
Angela King and Susan Clifford Foreword by Adam Nicolson
This anthology of poetry which celebrates fields, compiled by Common Ground, forms part of Common Groundås campaign to encourage greater awareness and celebration of the field¥a commonplace but much undervalued part of our countryside which demonstrates the relationship between nature and culture over thousands of years.
Gives a detailed portrait of how an aboriginal tribe of the remote Amazonian region understands the cosmic dimensions of its partnership with the rainforest.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low-energy performance
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds
- The Nature of Business - Redesigning for resilience
- Future Money - Breakdown or breakthrough?