The Converging World is based on the principle of ëcontraction and convergenceí in regard to climate change, which means reducing the ecological footprint of some while increasing that of others.
How can we put the pulsing heart of conviviality back into our cities? How can we make sure of creating cities of diversity for the new millenniumplaces of cultural vigour and physical beauty that are also sustainable in economic and environmental terms? This Schumacher Briefing shows the way forward.
The C&C framework, which has been pioneered and advocated by GCI at the United Nations over the past decade, is based on the thesis of âEquity & Survivalå. It seeks to ensure future prosperity and choice by applying the global rationale of precaution, equity and efficiency, in that order.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low-energy performance
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds
- The Nature of Business - Redesigning for resilience
- Future Money - Breakdown or breakthrough?