Ecovillage Living is a guide to everything youåve always wanted to know about ecovillages, from the tools to make them happen to the people behind them.
In this Briefing Robin Stott proposes solutions to the key problems that beset our present health system. He argues that if we are to develop a true public health service rather than a 'disease service', we must make radical changes to the decision-making processes.
In this Schumacher Briefing, Richard Douthwaite argues that just as different insects and animals have different effects on human society and the natural world, money has different effects according to its origins and purposes.
This is the story of how one man used local resources, ingenuity, imagination, and patience to create a homestead powered by the sun.
Argues that economics is ecologically illegitimate and ultimately unsustainable. Our social and environmental problems are caused by the economic systems we have evolved, and our current attempts to solve them through market-based incentives are as ineffective as a rearrangement of the deckchairs on the Titanic.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low-energy performance
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds
- The Nature of Business - Redesigning for resilience
- Future Money - Breakdown or breakthrough?