Hardback No longer our product9781603584777 | Published: March 2013 | Chelsea Green Publishing
9781603584777 | Published: March 2013
Shows how urban sprawl is unsustainable in an age of climate change and peak oil, and challenges the UK to develop a ‘Smart Growth’ approach to improve the quality of life in our overcrowded island.
Anna Semlyen Illustrated by Axel Scheffler
Itís time for us to tackle our car dependency. This inexpensive book is a practical guide to reducing car use by making changes - whether large or small - to our daily travel choices.
How can we put the pulsing heart of conviviality back into our cities? How can we make sure of creating cities of diversity for the new millenniumplaces of cultural vigour and physical beauty that are also sustainable in economic and environmental terms? This Schumacher Briefing shows the way forward.
- The Passivhaus Handbook - A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low-energy performance
- How to Grow Perennial Vegetables - Low-maintenance, low-impact vegetable gardening
- The Transition Companion - Making your community more resilient in uncertain times
- Organic Gardening - The natural no-dig way
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables
- Hot Beds - How to grow early crops using an age-old technique
- Creating a Forest Garden - Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
- The Weeder's Digest - Identifying and enjoying edible weeds
- The Nature of Business - Redesigning for resilience
- Future Money - Breakdown or breakthrough?